Adolescent mental health
- Scripture Union Queensland - Chaplaincy in Queensland
- Red Frogs - Local youth organisation running events across Australia including Schoolies events, Hotel Chaplaincy, pancake breakfasts.
- Fusion - Local youth organisation running day trips, school lunchtime programs for high school students.
- World Vision - Organisation that runs the 40 Hour Famine plus overseas/supports our VGEN- social justice group at school
- Sunday Creek - No Limits program trek's are run at Sunday Creek Environmental Centre.
- Roadcraft - Defensive Driving Course available for Grade 11 students
The latest imaging studies of the teenage brain show that it undergoes huge changes as young people approach their twenties. During this period, the brain doesn't grow in size but rather it seems to significantly rewire itself in readiness for the major changes that lie ahead.
By Helen Splarn
Raise your grades along with your heart rate! The link between physical activity and improved physical and mental health has long been established. However there is a growing body of research that suggests that increased physical activity levels in students also leads to improved academic performance.
By Dan Haesler